This won’t be a long post, because we have a lot going on today. That said, I was feeling slightly guilty after a conversation with a co-worker yesterday. We were catching up on how our year has gone so far and she casually mentioned that she hasn’t seen me post in a while. It caught me a little off-guard, but I quickly did the math in my head:
28 days to be exact, but who’s counting, really!??
The truth is, Life has been busy this month:
- Amber and I started the Whole30 program, which has been challenging physically, emotionally, and mentally
- Work picked back up again after a brief holiday lull
- I started studying for a work-related certification exam
- The kids went back to school, which means packing lunches again and helping out with homework assignments
- My middle daughter started playing basketball. Tomorrow afternoon = Doubleheader
So right out of the gate, we’ve hit the ground running. I have topics I want to write about, but when push comes to shove, I don’t feel inclined to sit down and put proverbial pen to paper. A lot of work goes into writing a blog post, from the conception of the idea, to refining it, to finding just the right word for that one sentence. It’s not always flowy prose that glides effortlessly off the tongue; a good portion of the time, its like an opponent in a cage match that I need to grapple and struggle with before I can wrestle it into submission.
It’s times like these that I need to take a deep breath, remind myself of my 2017 theme, and focus on what I set out to accomplish this year. The year is still young, and there is a lot to be done…let’s get to it.
“It’s not about “having” time. It’s about making time.” – Anonymous